Disney’s rates keep rising and vacationers keep playing the virtual scavenger hunt to try and come up with the best ways to save. Renting Disney Vacation Club points is gaining popularity among Disney visitors, especially those with larger families, as a way to stay within the Magic of Walt Disney World Resort for less. But with savings comes sacrifice. So we encourage you to research this option carefully before you rent.
Guests are not able to rent points through Disney or through a travel agent. You must contact the property owner directly, which can be risky, or rent through a reputable points broker such as David’s Vacation Club Rentals. David thoroughly vets property owners and has measures in place to protect renters from fraud. Renting points through a broker costs a little more but comes with the peace-of-mind in knowing that your investment is protected.
What is Disney Vacation Club?
Disney Vacation Club is Disney’s version of a time share program. Members sign a long-term contract and agree to purchase a certain number of points annually for the duration of their contract. DVC rules are very strict and points have an expiration date. If an owner is unable to use their points, they can opt to rent them before they expire. This gives the owner a chance to recoup some of their investment and renters a chance to save.
Disney Vacation Club Villas vary in size and are available at the following resorts:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House & Kidani Village)
- Disney’s Bay Lake Towers
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwallk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Villa’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Villa’s at Disney’s Grand Caifornian (California)
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (Florida)
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (South Carolina)
- Aulani Resort & Spa (Hawaii)
Pros to renting DVC Points:
- Save money! – Savings vary but most times vacationers can rent a Disney Deluxe Villa for about the same cost of reserving a room at a moderate resort.
- Deluxe accommodations! – Disney Vacation Club units are the best that Disney has to offer and guests can enjoy added amenities and luxury. Rentals are available in studio, one and two bedroom units and often include kitchenettes, washer & dryer, and more living space.
- Prime locations at both parks – Disney Vacation Club rooms at both Disney Parks are located closer to park entrances and transportation.
- Easily link to MDE – Renters will receive a confirmation number at the time of booking that can be linked in the My Disney Experience app and website to easily plan and manage your vacation.
- Guaranteed discount! – Unlike waiting around for Disney’s seasonal promotions, renting Disney Vacation Club points guarantees that you will receive the best price for your room up front.
- No long term contract – Renting Disney Vacation Club points is a great way to “try before you buy.” If you’ve been thinking about buying into Disney’s Vacation Club but aren’t convinced, renting points is a good way experience some of the properties firsthand.
Cons to renting DVC points:
- Cost is Non-Refundable! Please, please, please be sure of your plans before you make your reservation. DVC rules are very strict and will not provide you with a refund if you have to cancel, even if it’s for a reason beyond your control such as a hurricane. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment.
- Limited availability – Many DVC rooms will sell out early, especially during peak vacation times. Book as early as possible to get the best selection.
- No “mousekeeping” – Daily trash removal will be provided however house keeping will not. Daily Mousekeeping is available for an additional fee and must be added to the cost of your rental at the time of booking.
- Lack of control – You will not make the reservation with Disney directly. The property owner must do it for you. That’s why it is very important that you rent from a reputable source such as David’s Vacation Club Rentals. David vets his property owners and takes measures to protect renters from fraud.
- Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
- Your travel agent can’t help you with your reservation. Once you choose to rent DVC points you will enter into a contract with the property owner. Because of this, your travel agent will not be able to help manage your reservation. You must contact the property owner directly for further assistance.
For more information and a list of frequently asked questions see our DVC Rental Page